View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 11:14 AM   #8
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
Thanks for the info!

I just bought my wife a 2019 Mustang Eco-Boost Convertible Premium (she likes to cruise, doesn't care about racing and what not, hence the eco and not the GT, which saves me money! Haha) so have been able to do a little side by side. The eco-boost is fairly quick for being a turbo 4 (and she also has the 10 speed auto like I do), handles nice, and the premium trim gets the nice leather interior, better seats, and she also has the bigger infotainment screen and the all digital gauges. Unsure what all packages it has, trying to find the window sticker from the dealer or anywhere as we bought it used.

Overall..

- Even with the fancy all digital gauge I prefer my ZL1 gauges... I just prefer an analog speedo and tach.
- I do like the extra customization ability of the Mustang gauges though, can change color of everything, style, etc, which is quite nice.
- I love my HUD, which the Mustang lacks.
- I prefer my infotainment system, but hers is still quite nice, looks good, and is quick, so.. it's not like a bad infotainment system by any means.
- Not a huge fan of the silver flip switch buttons in the Mustang BUT don't think they are bad.. do wish my mode and traction control buttons were something nicer, maybe metal or something, and not cheap plastic buttons lol
- Prefer my ZL1 seats a lot more over her premium leather seats but her seats aren't bad and are also heated and vented and a little roomier, lol. Back seats do look a little more spacious but still a tight squeeze for anyone of size.
- Her car has the lane assistance stuff it looked like with the detection system that sees cars in front of you and shows like a range indication on the gauge cluster which seemed cool.. didn't test out what all it does or anything, lol, and I deleted my safety stuff when I opted for the PDR system.
- Visibility is nice in the Mustang (and even better with the top down, lol) but I never had any issues with visibility in my Camaro and love the rear view mirror camera especially compared to the Mustang traditional mirror.
- Mustang trunk opening seems only a little larger and the trunk didn't seem any more spacious. Always heard how tiny the Camaro trunk opening is compared to everything else blah blah blah... The Mustang trunk opening was indeed larger, but it looked like a tiny difference, not the MASSIVE difference I was led to believe by all the posts and articles/videos I've seen.
- Mustang interior overall seemed to have a ton of hard plastic everywhere (not sure if the GT has any interior differences over the Eco Boost premium... I don't think so?), even more than my Camaro. I know we are talking different trims and what not but overall I much prefer my interior and overall look, feel, and cockpit atmosphere... though I'm sure this is preference.
- Not going to compare power or handling/braking/etc as of course my car is the ZL1 and hers is an eco boost lol.

Sorry to hijack!
Good review. FYI Coupe to coupe the Mustang trunk is 50% larger than the Camaro trunk (9 ft3 vs 13.5 ft3). So, it is substantially larger, as is the opening. I've had both.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote