View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 08:09 AM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I am between your option A and option C. I fall between love it, and good evolution.

I wouldn't say its the grand slam, OMG, *DROOL* type of reaction I felt when I first saw the 5th gen reveal nearly a decade ago, but I wouldn't expect that either since this is basically an evolution of that. Its a good execution in my opinion.

I really, really like it, and I like it from pretty much every angle. The rear is where the love falls off a bit for me, but even that I don't hate. I certainly like it much better than the 14/15 model's rear, so that alone makes me happy. The taillights themselves are great. I will also say the side feels a bit softened to me, and I like hard edges better. But again...still like it a lot.

If I were to end up with a 2LT V6 instead of a 1SS, I'd likely end up swapping the front for an SS front....maybe. Maybe not. But to my eyes, the open mouth on the LT front end is a little too big. From side angles it looks great, but the front on view is a bit awkward to me. The SS front I really love a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I vote A. I don't think it will really come down to these issues for you. You don't like some things about your 302 and say the 5th Gen is a masterpiece, but you didn't buy the 5th Gen. I think for most people it is about the total package (including brand), that drives the decision.
Right on.

The fact that I think the car is attractive, aggressive in the front, combine with the sweet new interior and features, and the fantastic chassis and drivetrain, this car is homerun as a package.

I can't wait to start seeing people mod the car, and what the hi-po models could look like. Take a look at this for instance......WOWZERS!! I will certainly be modding mine over time to make it a bit more aggressive

(credit goes to Camaro news website)
Attached Images

Last edited by KMPrenger; 07-22-2015 at 08:41 AM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote