View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #20
Scraps0f

Drives: 2018 NGM ZL1
I get what he's saying, I have a weekly routine where I have to go into the eclectic part of town, a 2.4 mile drive that takes 20-25 minutes. I would make better time one a bicycle, and I have been beaten by one too, hell I watched a jogger stay further ahead of me for about a mile today. Now on those days, I sometimes opt out of driving the Z, the roads are densely filled and with horrible visibility for business' driveways and lots of foot traffic so a smaller vehicle fits the bill better already. Not that I don't enjoy it, I just feel so bad for her never getting above 2k rpms unless I am in manual mode and just leave it in 1st and 2nd. I feel like she is mad at me when I arrive, telling me 'Why would you do this to me, you tease me with the gasoline.'

However, I still love her on city streets and normal driving. Sure it's nothing like the track, strip and etc, nothing ever will be. Even if it is just a couple of seconds to 30 or 45 it never stops being a hoot to be so far ahead while the cars next to you are still starting their motors, I hope auto start/stop technology is never mandated and always able to be defeated. For me it is still such a great feeling whether leading the pack or finding your way through it.
Scraps0f is offline   Reply With Quote