View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #26
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Coming from the Corvette platform to a Camaro is only going to disappoint if you're looking for the same experience. Can't overcome power/weight without a lot of money and if you want to stay carb compliant, forget about it. As far as wanting a back seat, I hope it is not for seating purposes.

It would be very hard to leave the 1LE "far" behind in the turns, unless your friends are in supercars... add some big brakes and stainless lines and you can hold your speed into the turns much longer than most. Do some suspension upgrades, coil overs and busing. You could also focus on dropping some weight... if you have the money to spend you can make some big gains in this area.... think CF.

The goal of the engineers (got it from them 1st hand) in building the 1LE was to have a Camaro that felt and drove lighter, mission accomplished. The SS with 1LE is the best balanced fifth gen... but a corvette it is not.

Good luck!
That's right, a camaro is not a corvette. Never has been, never will be. A camaro is cheaper more practical (extra seating) alternative to the performance of a corvette. But a stock camaro will never keep up with a corvette. A corvette is simply lighter, has a bigger contact patch, and usually more power. The corvette has better balance, better suspension, and so on. However, the corvette suffers one major flaw. It doesn't have a third seat.

My friends are in C6 Z06s.

The Camaro 1LE is an excellent package. I just never thought I would see the day that 426 flywheel horsepower wasn't enough.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote