View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 10:34 PM   #27
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Unfortunately neither Camaro nor Corvette owners get any “certified” techs. My Mom has a 2016 Stingray Z51 and has been bringing it to the dealer she bought it from every year for oil changes (she only has less than 3000 miles on it but has had the oil changed 4 times lol)..... I watched once as a kid in his early 20s did the oil change. It was fine but still gives ya pause to think.

There are more than a couple stories on this forum of SS owners getting home, checking their oil, and finding only 5 quarts in it.

Last year someone who’d just bought a brand new C8 was treated to another brand new one by his dealer, as the techs lifted it wrong when he brought it in for the first oil change and it fell off the lift. Totaled, destroyed, cracked the chassis right through.

Especially the C8s, you would think dealers have completely dedicated service for those cars now that they’re mid-engine and have a dual clutch transmission.

Same 20 year old kids change the oil on them and the Cruze 4 banger right next to it.

Years ago my dad was at the shop getting his car worked on and saw a Vette get cracked when put on the lift. They didn't pop the T tops and my dad heard a loud sound and knew what it was instantly.

I guess the one good thing getting something like a Vette Serviced at a Chevy dealer is if they destroy it they pretty much will have to order you a new car.

I gotta wonder how p*ssed the general manager, service manager, and owner was when that took place and had to eat the cost. I could see an indie shop trying to make YOU file and insurance claim against your insurance to replace it.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote