View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 01:55 PM   #21
Daily1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
There really isn't an easy answer. Not having access to a place to wash your car and a water source simply sucks. I know because I did it for several years, and only a few months ago FINALLY bought my own house.

This doesn't mean your car can't stay somewhat clean. Here are some things I did to keep my car clean:

1. Go to a friends house that has a driveway and hose. Cheapest option. I own a lot of car cleaning products and accessories which I would let my friends use in exchange for their space and water. Worked out fine, but the downside was I was on their time and had to haul around everything I owned every time I wanted to wash.

2. Go to one of those self-wash places. Costs a bit, but most times I could get away with cleaning my car for under $10, and you don't have to rely on anyone else. I did cheat a little bit though and brought buckets of water with me to help with things like washing rims and such, as this takes time and running their water gets expensive fast.

3. Simply pay to get it washed. Obviously the most expensive option, but simple. I never liked this since I am kind of a perfectionist with car washing and no car wash place will wash your car like you would yourself. However, it's quick and "good enough" so sometimes it works in a pinch.

Anyway, you can do the rinseless or waterless or whatever else less wash you want, but to be honest that stuff doesn't work as well on a car that is parked outside. Overnight the car is covered with contaminants. Now that I own a garage I really learned how much cleaner your car stays when its in one. I use waterless wash on my car all the time now, but would never dare before this. It just gets nasty too quickly when its outside and I can't imagine running a towel over all that dust, dirt, etc.
Daily1LE is offline   Reply With Quote