View Single Post
Old 04-26-2023, 01:11 AM   #315
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS1 View Post
I can understand your skepticism and would add that as someone else previously pointed out it wouldn't be the first time the lowly Vette has been in front of Rennesport cars. Time will tell, and I will be surprised if C8Z fails to surpass GT3RS. And if recent history is an indication of what we can expect... C7Z surpassed C6ZR1 and if C8Z can pull that off then a lot of people will be very happy and GM will build a lot of C8Z cars!
Well spoiler, on the same day, same tires, same test conditions, it was basically the same as the GT3, non RS. The new RS is crazy levels of downforce that is next-level on a course. Even still, the regular GT3 was showing significantly faster speeds in turns, the Z06 was showing faster speeds in straights. Obviously not sucking at turns, but the GT3 was clearly faster there. This is the Savagegeese review/compare that I think was pretty well done. Someone else tested it and found it slightly faster than a RS, but that was a different day and different conditions, not a side-by-side same-driver, etc. It seems that Chevrolet benchmarked the GT3 non-RS and did so very well, ever so slightly edging it out to be faster overall...but a very close match. Go check out the savagegeese video. It's worth watching.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote