View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 06:20 PM   #311
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate1 View Post
I understand your position but compression under braking is a critical component behind driver confidence. I've seen clips of how skittish the new 4RS is at huge braking zones with undulating on/off camber turns at the Ring as well. That strut rear suspension was a clear handicap.

Key thing here is it took another $18k on top of what you spent for the GT4 to get close to where you are now.

Not everyone has the patience or financial means to do what you did.
Of course and that is the point I am making as well. In stock form, the GT4 isn't worth its price of entry. It should be much more buttoned down stock.

Unfortunately, you don't really know until you drive something day in and out for a bit to know how well it is. Such is life with high performance cars.

If I didn't have the means to do the mods I did and will do, I would not have kept the GT4 until my turn comes up for the C8 Z06. It makes the most sense to keep it though as the alternative until the C8 Z06 would have been a Macan GTS, which wouldn't hold its value as well as the GT4.

Minus the labor, most of the stuff I have done or will do to my car is all high-end stuff with a strong resale value, so I will be able to recoup ~70% of my costs when it is time to trade the GT4 in.

The GT4 was originally going to be my "forever" car that I drove into the ground, at which point I would be ready to exit the sports car market altogether (almost 50 now), but that is going to be reserved for the C8 Z06 as that will be the more complete car with a better range of being a dual personality car.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote