View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 11:42 AM   #36
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
My cars rods collapsed at 620 wheel. Only car we've ever had fail on us like that. Guess i'm glad it was mine but not really. No knock, air/fuel was good, no indication it should have let go. I've seen people claim they'll hold a ton but it doesn't ever seem to be very long lived. For what we do with our cars and for what most of our customers do with them, we counsel people to start fortifying above 600 wheel. Its cheaper to do it before you put two holes in the block.

Jared
Yep, One can never tell what goes and why. I think a minimum is $6000 reserve just in case on a mild build, and $15,000 just in case on a wild build. Just in case money... oh and always have a back up, daily driver.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote