View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 08:05 AM   #39
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
the new stuff is synthetic, which has a better stability and can handle heat better. this is a given when using most synthetics vs conventional... its mobil 1 hp lv fluid.

however, the flush process, is more so a cleaning process. that's why its done 3 times and drained. I've already had the procedure done back in july 2017.

transmission fluid, however has a high level of detergents in it.
I went to Mobil 1's website and did not see the "Mobil 1 LV ATF HP fluid" that matches the GM part number 19353429. When I google "Mobil 1 LV ATF HP fluid" I find it at:

https://www.thelubricantstore.com

"It is approved and licensed by General Motors against DEXRONŽ HP ATF, making it a suitable replacement for a variety of GM parts, including GM Part 19355656."

So there seems to be several part numbers for GM ATF and also Mobil 1, so there must be some variation - it's pretty confusing.

The reason for my curiosity is I'd like to change the ATF to Mobil 1 synthetic on my recently purchased 2015 GMC Canyon and would like to use something that is approved by GM. It probably doesn't matter, but just want to make sure I'm covered.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)

Last edited by wrankin; 01-15-2018 at 10:51 AM.
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote