View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 02:45 PM   #38
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
I was told the new fluid was synthetic and the part number backs that up. I also thought they mentioned a programming update but don't see that on the service record:

A CUSTOMER STATES ON LIGHT ACCELERATION FROM 55-60 MPH TRANSMISSION SEEMS TO HAVE A SHUDDER VIBRATION FEELING, NO CEL IS ON, ONLY HAPPENS WHEN HOT
CAUSE: SHUDDER
8480478 FLUSH AND DRAIN FLUIDS FOR TRANSMISSION SHAKE AND/OR SHUTTER REPAIR
220 WC
6 88865601 FLUID
12 19353429 FLUID
FC: 9090
PART#: 88865601
COUNT: 6
CLAIM TYPE: ZREG
AUTH CODE:

FLUSH AND DRAIN FLUIDS FOR TRANSMISSION SHAKE, REMOVED SHIFT CABLES BRACKETS TOWARD TRANSMISSION SOME REMOVED COOLER LINES COMPLETE COOLER SYSTEM PER BULLETIN REMOVED TRANS PAN DRAINED FLUID AND CLEANED RE-INSTALLED PAN. RE-FILLED TRANS WITH REVISED FLUID PER DOC ID 4526930 (16-NA-175) (TRANS FLUSH CODE E837F96 IS .6 AT 70 DEGREES) ROAD TESTED OK

So when I Google the two part numbers, the 88865601 is AC Delco Dexron VI Automatic Transmission Fluid, and the 19353429 ends up being a GM part number for Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP Automatic Transmission Fluid

Bill
the new stuff is synthetic, which has a better stability and can handle heat better. this is a given when using most synthetics vs conventional... its mobil 1 hp lv fluid.

however, the flush process, is more so a cleaning process. that's why its done 3 times and drained. I've already had the procedure done back in july 2017.

transmission fluid, however has a high level of detergents in it.
Attached Images

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote