View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 06:18 PM   #74
Z Boss
Camaro Addiction

Drives: 68SS81Z2887IROC97Z28SS,12ZL1,22ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
The difference with the Exorcist and Yenko is that the Yenko was truly a limited production run with GM parts. While the first 2 years weren't a COPO, the 1969 was a COPO. So you could go to any dealer and buy one. Hopefully.....

While the Exorcist is a highly modified car with non GM parts and with the option to have a limited production run or not. So any person can have an Exorcist with or without a number plate. It's just if that person paid the extra cash for that option.

My bash wasn't directed towards Hennessey but ANY non third party that does this. You can't compare a Yenko to a Hennessey or Lingenfelter or etc built car. They aren't the same.
As for the residual value of these modded cars, I think marketing does play a role here. There are quite capable companies who can do a quality job within various budgets, however a few years or decades down the line, personally I would see that quality built ZL1 as just a non-stock ZL1. I would not really know the details of the build as a potential buyer although it may be documented. However buying, for example, the documented #24 HPE Exorcist ZL1 would have the pedigree which = $$. A similar comparison can be made for a quality built '69 RS\SS Camaro vs. a real Yenko. These two cars would be no comparison to a Camaro collector and the Yenko brings the big $$. And btw, Yenkos were not factory Chevrolet cars. They were ordered with specific GM equipment then were tweaked by Don Yenko's dealership. I like the opinions here but there is no longer a need to bash these companies. A build, any build, is a project we throw $$, time and effort into. They all are a little different and the result sometimes works out well, sometimes lingering problems leave a bad taste. It's also a legit point about how much the buyer drives the car. HPE customers prob don't drive the cars as much as those clients from other builders therefore residual value isn't that big of a deal and lower package price trumps pedigree. I'll propose we line up a few of these different cars at the next Camaro Fest, race 'em and have a few beers!
2012 Camaro ZL1 VIN #0004
ZL1, Ashen Grey, Black Leather, 6 speed, suede, exposed carbon fiber weave, gray stripe
Current Status: Cruisin' !!
3800 Produced: 1/27/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/27/2012
Z Boss is offline   Reply With Quote