View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 10:36 PM   #25
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
I agree with you I have a 2018 GT premium and I love the 6-speed. It's a smooth shifting transmission the longer gear ratios are good for daily driving and you can spin the tires at a hundred kilometers an hour when you shift which is 60 miles.

I've heard of some guys having issues but most don't and I think most guys enjoy it.

As far as the Mustang or the Camaro. I didn't really have any visibility problems in my Camaro when I had it you just have to adjust the review and the side mirrors properly. That's always been the way though I had to do that in my 2002 z28 as well

As far as a base GT goes the base stereo really looks terrible in my opinion besides that the car is nice.

I would look for a used premium over a new base

Test drive them both they're both awesome cars get whatever one you like

Don't forget to test drive a challenger while you're at it these are after all the last days of muscle cars might as well take your time and enjoy your purchase
It's not bad if you are comparing it to a family car manual trans, but that's the gripe I have with the Mustang 6-speed: it feels closer to the manual trans in my winter family cars (Mazda3 or Accord) than in the Camaro SS or my Series 2 RX-8.

Sports car manual trans should feel on the firmer side, and there should be a mechanical feel to get into each gear to give you the satisfaction of shifting. Mustang's Getrag just isn't nearly as satisfying to use for a sports car. Mustang's stock shift throw is also a little long, though I don't think it's the fairest comparison to my SS 1LE (which has a shorter shifter than standard SS IIRC).

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote