View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 08:44 AM   #25
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a Camaro 1LE on non stock tires competing against a Mustang on stock tires, and the review still preferred the Mustang in the end, as many others have as well. On stock tires the times would have likely been very similar.

Each day you get into your car you are not setting out to set a record track time, this is where the Camaro continues to miss the mark.
1.)
The Sport Cup 2's and the Goodyear Supercar 3's aren't miles off of each other in performance. 180tw vs 220tw. CERTAINLY not over a second on a minute long track!

2.)
The complaint on the Camaro is it was too stiff on track. Bottom line is that could have been solved with 4 clicks on the touch screen to override suspension to Sport or even Tour mode. Not the reviewer's fault. Cars have absurd amounts of features nowadays, and its impossible to expect them to know every setting on every car.

3.)
No one is saying you need to set a lap record every time out. Also no one says you have to be the fastest to 60mph every time either, but we still compare 0-60 & 1/4 times. The track times are to provide evidence of which car is more capable with as many variables removed as possible. Lets be honest its about bragging rights too. We aren't talking about Camry vs Accord here. These are silly unnecessary sports cars. The times illustrate that the Camaro is just more capable than the Mustang.

4.)
I have no problem with someone not liking the Camaro. I would love to have the digital display on the Mustang and the additional outward visibility certainly wouldn't be unappreciated. However, I purchased the car to fill a lot of roles. It had to be daily driveable, comfortable for long interstate drives, and be fun for the Mountains/AutoX/Track. I needed it to be capable of doing those things while retaining a warranty and not requiring a myriad of modifications to stand up to those tasks.

I'm comfortable that I chose the right car for my circumstances, but I still appreciate that Ford made a more sporty version of the Mustang to compete with my car. Healthy competition makes these cars improve at a faster rate!