View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 07:08 AM   #23
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
Quite frankly he said this to give the Mustang some kind of a 'win'. They're a car channel, they're not going to completely turn off the Mustang audience. Same way Motor Trend did their 'mile run' in the desert, to make sure Mustang PP1 won something. In their previous show where they compared both cars on the street, they both chose the Camaro as the one they'd rather drive. So anything outside of pure data can be taken with a grain of salt. I like the Mustang, and I'm glad to see that Ford tried with the PP2. But it's another street car masked as a track machine trying to chase the 1LE. I wish these guys had the balls to compare the GT350 to the 1LE. Hopefully they're still small enough to do it, because the big publications are too afraid of Ford to try.
I agree. The Mustang was given a participation trophy. Earlier, they said the Mustang’s steering was vague, chassis not tight... “The Camaro is the car”. Then they give it a symbolic win?

The GT350 vs 1LE is the match up we’d all like to see but it’s been deliberately avoided as to not embarrass Ford. This whole generation has been match ups to avoid exposing how far behind the S550 is.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote