View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 07:33 PM   #12192
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
It was finally time to wax the newly painted hood and front and rear fascias! I was glad to make it through the paint curing window without any significant encounters with bugs, birds, trees, etc.

I got to try out a couple of products for the first time. I washed the panels with Optimum No Rinse, standard "rinseless" style rather than the two-bucket method. Going rinseless seemed ok since the car is garaged and was reasonably clean.

I touched up the RS diffuser, front grille, and DRL trim with 303 protectant wipes. I have used the 303 cleaning wipes on the interior of another vehicle, but this was my first time using the protectant version. So far I like the deep black look it gives.

I also installed one of the CheroCar trim overlays on the bright metal trim around the shifter. It wasn't the look of the factory piece that bothered me though. Instead, I have experienced the "how did my car get out of Sport mode" effect one too many times. Forum members have noted that using an overlay trim piece like this makes it less likely to accidentally press the Mode button (something that didn't seem to happen as often with my 2016).

I went with the silver colored CheroCar piece. It is pretty close in shade to the door panel trim, although it has a slightly glossier finish.

https://a.co/7Rz9AvA
Attached Images

Last edited by The Maverick; 08-15-2022 at 09:01 AM.
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote