View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 09:45 AM   #12
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
My 93 octane tune on a Dynojet in 6th gear made 745 RWHP.

I then had it on a Mustang Dyno at a different shop and it made 688 RWHP in 6th gear with 93 octane.

So yea that is roughly 6-7 percent difference.

Although the shop that had the Mustang Dyno did retune it before they got those numbers. But their tune was more for driveability so they didn't really touch anything to impact the power.

The problem with dyno shops is a lot of them simply plug in numbers here and there and factor in this and that and before you know it they're handing out inflated numbers like candy on Halloween. And they do that because if shop A builds 5 cars and they're all making "900+ RWHP" and shop B is building similar cars but they're making only "820 RWHP" then people are all gonna want shop A doing their work because they're getting inflated numbers. And now there is some new type of dyno that spits out even higher numbers than a Dynojet does. So I wouldn't put too much stock into what the numbers are. Track times, ET, and 60-130 will paint a much better picture than a dyno can.
Isn't 7th gear our 1:1?