View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 05:29 AM   #88
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep View Post
What you suggest works fine for warranty issues. My point is any service without a record accessible by CARFAX or similar service didn’t happen from the perspective of a commercial car purchaser (dealer, etc.) or subsequent buyer. CARFAX and similar services list service and repair records for your car’s VIN from databases including OEMs, national service chains (Goodyear, NTB, etc.), insurance companies and body shops.
I’m not certain why you wrote the post to begin with, if that’s how you feel. Maybe you’re smarter than everyone that does their own maintenance? All I can tell you is that I’ve owned over 35 cars... and what your describing has NEVER been an issue. As a matter of fact, I’ve NEVER been asked for maintenance paperwork on a trade in to a dealer, or another resale agent. Private parties may ask. ....Sure, I keep MY records. Just in case...

In general, people review Carfax for chain of ownership, miles and accidents. It can’t be assumed that if maintenance isn’t shown, it hasn’t been done.

Last edited by Chutzpah; 02-21-2021 at 07:06 AM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote