View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 07:36 AM   #43
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
This thread goes along with what I said in the other thread about the new Challenger Hellcat Redeye. The Camaro ZL1 is so well designed and does everything so well that its kind of numb in a way. The Challenger is basically a 2005 300 with a bigass motor, but its fun because it can scare the hell out of you eventhough it doesnt pull the track numbers or checks all the boxes for what a "mondern" hotrod is supposed to be. I think if you want to combine what a hellcat and ZL1 have to offer into one, then you need to buy a Z06 or ZR1. I had the chance to drive a Z06 at Walkins Glen. Wow! Is all I can think of. People focus too much on numbers and not enough on their butts in the seat. They can be very different results. I would rather have a slower car that invokes some fear instead of a numb feeling car that wins all the numbers games. The numbers really mean nothing on the highway. How I feel while driving means far more. Unless of course you actually do track the car for time which in case it does. I get that. Most owners dont track them though.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote