View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 08:48 AM   #51
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
My point exactly "I heard"

The Vortech setup is a more simple, yet more effective solution as far as the drive system goes. Much less problems with slip (I considered a D1SC, but didn't

As far as the kits - as mentioned earlier, for one to get the same results on paper as the ECS, you would have to buy the upgraded air-to-air IC, blow off valve, & D1SC blower to be on spec with the ECS. If you want to take that setup past 10lbs, you will more than likely need to upgrade to a 8-rib drive system.
Trying to understand why you would claim that the Vortech drive system has much less problems with slip than the Procharger does? You are already having slippage problems in the 700s hp area with the Vortech system, and it seems that the Procharger users have been able to exceed that, and no I am not really talking about the F1 here, talking about the normal kits P1/D1. If by 'more simple', you meant that the Vortech drive was easier to install than the Procharger drive, then I would agree with that point. However, that easier install carries a price, driving off of the normal serpentine belt system, instead of having it's own dedicated belt.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote