View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 08:03 PM   #24
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Nice! Can't wait for pics.

As far as NPP goes, I love how it's integrated and controllable for stealth and track. However, if you want simply a loud and proud car most of the time, I can see how NPP isn't necessary really.
I really don't want the "loud all the time" sort of thing. And I definitely want to be able to leave and return at off hours without disturbing the neighbors (so, stealth mode would be appealing).

I'm going to drive it for a bit to get a sense of how the exhaust changes under different levels of throttle and such. Once I'm past the break-in period for mileage, I'll start to look around for options.

One thing I'm going to want as part of an exhaust swap is quad tips, and I know that's going to require changing out some of the rear valance/diffuser parts. If I can actually find a quad-tip system that isn't designed for use with the NPP system (many of them say they work without NPP, but it appears that the outer tips are "always open" as there's no valve in there), then I'll pursue that avenue. Worst case would be to rig up a control that I could put on the dash or something that would allow me to shut down the outer tips for a "stealth mode" when I need it and leave it open otherwise. I just don't want the open mode sound to be obnoxious.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote