View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 07:32 AM   #263
80sMetalDude

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
Got her up and running, GREAT. (need to top of that anti-freeze)
How is the SC noise? wobble? When you installed it did you check for slag in the casting? I understand there is a problem there. I'm waiting for my SC, I hope end of the week. Just trying to figure out this P3 gauge. Got fitting coming for the boost. Still have to figure out IAT (after the screws) and AFR, as far as wiring and comparable sensors.
Well the slag in the casing being only "one" reported (and being seized) and mine is the only one I know that fully seized up... I think mine was that unit that was referenced in the other thread.

It was all good upon our inspection.

The SC noise is exactly as I would hope and it's very smooth. I think they got it right this time around. I'm not a mechanic so my terminology will be spotty regarding the sound references but the first time around it was more "clicky" sounding. This time it sounds like a normal idling stock engine with just a hint of the SC whine.

I re-flashed the computer with the Whipple tune again because all the old codes and such were there and it seemed to still be acting strange when touching throttle...

After the flash all was good and no more codes.

After several pulls I never saw the temps go over 190 while cruising the back roads and laying down rubber several times after we were past the fear of all the previous stuff that happened. Kinda like sticking your toes in the water to see if they get bit before you jump in all the way.

Never got an engine light or any codes since the flash/drive. Started her up this morning put here out in the driveway let her run for about 10m (still not going to take a drive to work in it) no codes, temps good, no leakage.

Think this is the day I've been waiting for.
80sMetalDude is offline   Reply With Quote