View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 08:04 AM   #12
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxWittles View Post
Just went thru this same process a couple weeks back. Purchased an Audi S5 from an out of state dealer sight unseen (besides pictures from the dealers site) and had it shipped to me. Time was not my my friend at the time and was in the need of a new daily. Widening my search nationwide helped me to find what I was looking for. The dealer was upfront about everything and the car had all the service records as well as carfax with it. Paid to have it inspected by an Audi dealership nearby and decided to pull the trigger on it. Had a deal with the seller and he has kept in contact since I have taken delivery of the car just to make sure there were no problems or issues with the vehicle.

If you can get all of the proper paperwork (carfax, service history etc.) and you feel comfortable with the deal and vehicle, then I wouldn't hesitate to do it. Either way good luck in your search and hope you find and get what you're looking for.
Good, and congrats!

I am actually closing in a truck now. I came across a great find on a 2015 Chevy Colorado crew that happens to fall in my budget. This truck was reduced in price once already, and then yesterday not long after I had started looking at it more, it was reduced even further. I decided to jump at it.

I've got the Autocheck history, car fax, vehicle warranty/maintenance records, and I am going to hire a 3rd party mechanic to go inspect the vehicle for me in person. They seem very upfront about the truck, and they are willing to arrange shipping for me. Fingers crossed that the inspection goes well, but if it does, I'll be able to purchase this truck and have it shipped to me for much less than I can find a comparably equipped truck near me.