View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 12:12 AM   #9
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
I just went thru this process with my son who crashed his 15 month old Accord. He's 22 so we decided he needed a truck as the car just didn't fit his lifestyle with a full grown German Shepherd along for the ride. He wanted an older truck that was 4WD. great deals were to be found all over Craigslist and Facebook.

One he found was a great looking 2004 FX4 with 158K on the clock. After having someone on this forum run a CarFax for me, the truck had 7 previous owners and showed it had over 209k reported. it was a good looking truck at a great price but left it there and never went to look.

I found another one within 2.5 hours drive. Looked great on Facebook but when you got there the finish looked like it had battery acid spilled across the hood and Oh yea, the 4WD did not work. Dealer acted surprised. yea boy.

I left that truck to drive on to work and found a 2003 FX4 Supercab with 109K and 2 previous owners and all the service records traded in at a Toyota dealer. Local trade. New Tires and clean paint job with no accidents and garage kept. Leather interior with no tears.

I have agreed to buy sight unseen with the agreement that if the vehicle was not as described, then I could refuse and no cost to me. The dealer had someone to meet me halfway to deliver the vehicle and pickup the check from me if I liked it. The dealer was about 6 hours from me and I had never done business with them previously. The vehicle was 2 years old with 16K miles STill under warranty. I bought it.
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote