View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #341
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Agree to some extent, but this car is not hitting the open market for another year and is considerably under powered to the V8's GM is putting on the road by then. With some tuning, the turbo 4 will even out perform the GT350, which is scary. The '16 R has earned respect to enter the ballpark of older model Z/28 / 911 territory for sure, but even their "prototype" models have been found lacking at the pro level.
Open market in another year? So many have been presold already it's literally sold out and the first batch got the OKTB from Flat Rock last week therefore 100 of the '15 GT350 models and some of the early '16 models will be delivered soon in 30 days or less. I know, I have one coming...

Both the GT350 and the R are beasts on the track... I track my C7 Z06 extensively and I know already that the GT350's performance is clearly way up there. It may not have the gobs of power the LT4 emits but I can say that when the LT4 at 280° Oil forces my C7 into limp mode, this FPC just keeps chuggin along at a stable 250° Oil temps. Again, the balance, handling and braking of the new Shelby is no joke. AND I have already driven it on the track so I again I know from first hand experience... plus so has the Chief Instructor from Chin Motorsports as well as two ex-race car drivers I was able to hotlap with (very fast) on Sebring. The common denominator from all 3 were simply 'omg speechless'... Ford has definitely raised the performance bar.

Anyway, first you stated a 2SS M6... now you're going into "modded" turbo-4's... then into future GM products, etc. etc. Sure ain't apples-to-apples anymore, it's actually out-of-context. Anyhow I'm no Ford koolaid waterboy so this isn't coming from a biased opinion but I can admit to give props when it's clearly legit. One of the reasons on why I wanted this bad boy. Same principle on when I wanted my previous Camaro and then the C7. I give credit where credit is due.

Plus we'll see when the road test and track test reviews come out... I don't expect this to be a 1/4 mile slayer but I do expect it to produce fast track times. Same principle as the Z/28 when it was revealed. I'm sure as a response GM will try to step up again for their next iteration and then Ford will do so again afterwards... it's the performance circle of life. Gotta love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
You're going to be staying high in the rpm's while on a road course, in that regard the 5.2L has a good power band, not to mention it's still making great power all the way to its 8,250 red line.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote