View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 08:13 AM   #339
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Don't be too quick to count those jellybeans. This car can move fast, very fast... and it has fantastic handling, balance, grip and balls to the walls braking. I was able to track it albeit limited laps at Sebring and I know it's faster than a Z51 Stingray and can hang par on par with a GT3. It feels a thousand pounds lighter on the track... the turn in is amazing. This car is beyond a 2SS Camaro. This is Z/28 level and beyond.
Agree to some extent, but this car is not hitting the open market for another year and is considerably under powered to the V8's GM is putting on the road by then. With some tuning, the turbo 4 will even out perform the GT350, which is scary. The '16 R has earned respect to enter the ballpark of older model Z/28 / 911 territory for sure, but even their "prototype" models have been found lacking at the pro level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Well, we know who has no racing experience whatsoever
I don't know you and you have absolutely no clue of my training and experience. If you need some professional statistic, Stevenson smoked the R's this year with their Z/28's de-tuned and effectively running in limp mode. Try performing some of your own basic research and offer a useful counter opinion before attacking me.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote