View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 05:39 AM   #28
random155

Drives: None Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
I think you are under a spell because its a good price, and you're letting that cloud your judgement around what transmission you want. I think you'll regret not getting the manual, since literally the first thing you said in this thread is "I want a manual."
I got an A8 when I should have got a manual, and was forced to eat a year of depreciation cost because of it. Like I said before, I feel strongly that you should save your money and scan for a certified pre-owned 1SS M6. As you said, what are you going to do in 1-2 years when you figure out you should've got a manual, and you want to sell? It'll be a huge hassle and you won't get all of your 20k back.
Thank you for your feedback. To some extent you are correct about the price situation. I dont think I explained myself very well in my original post. What I meant about "I was really looking for a manual" was that I had not even considered the automatic, but wasn't opposed to it. To put numbers to it, I was 75% interested in manual and 25% in auto, if that makes sense. I drove a manual and an auto. I like both. I am nervous that I will actually drive the manual less because at times I just wont feel like going through gears in the high traffic area I live in. And after driving both, the power and sound that comes from these cars is exciting no matter what transmission you ride. So long story short, I wasnt opposed to the manual, I just didn't really consider it. Then I drove it and was very impressed. There will be points that I wish I had a manual, but I definitely know that if I buy a manual, there will be more times I wished it was an automatic.

About buying the 1SS. I really like the features of the 2SS, and that is something I'm not interested in negotiating with. I really want leather (heated and cooled), HUD and Bose system. And to be quite frank, we are talking about the area of $10k in price difference between this 2SS and almost ALL others currently on the market because of Carfax issues. Money is a big issue for me, and at the price I'm buying I'm very happy to drive the A8. Ive confirmed with all police departments that this vehicle was never stolen, just the license plates after it was repossessed. So all reports will be going to Carfax to have the theft removed from the report. I still think that if I decide in a year or two that I made a mistake about the transmission, I should have no problem selling for what I owe on the car.
random155 is offline   Reply With Quote