View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 12:42 AM   #91
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
In the very beginning you'll likely improve by whole seconds, as in two or more from one event to the next. After that, improvement as measured by lap times slows into the tenths-of-a-second range - and may even stall for a bit until you have some "ah-ha" moment or other (call this the gut-level understanding you get when something that used to be just words suddenly makes a lot of sense).

Incidentally, looking at mean lap times (laps not involving traffic) and the standard deviation for those lap times is probably going to be more meaningful than looking at a single hero lap time that you couldn't back up within a whole second or more. IOW, put more value on where you're running on average and how consistently you're there than on what you did once and couldn't duplicate.

Norm
Good point, I was disappointed that only on 1 lap did i get into the 1:25's, I would have liked to seen a few laps in the 1:25's
Hopefully on my 2nd dry track day I'll be able to do this and get into the 1:24's, we will see how much time I can cut off during a whole day of instructor led tracking.