View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #1094
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
"The business end of it is if you want viable Camaro in the future that you can call "American Muscle" then you will have to accept the fact as GM will that CAFE will set the automotive future whether you like it or not.

As an enthusiast (and I won't challenge more than you as I don't claim to know you) I can assure you that discussion absolutely belongs in an enthusiast site. It's the future of everyone that love driving, not just muscle cars, but just driving and enjoying your car. You want to get even darker into the future imagine the Camaro that drives itself. Imagine roads you won't be able to drive on if you don't have an autonomous automobile that is wirelessly connected.

You may not want to have that conversation either but it's coming.

Please refrain from you challenges that we go to other websites. As an enthusiast since the day I turned a key, I can assure you those conversations belong here and more importantly outside of here. The government wants nothing more than to take the wheel out of your and my hands."

If you Guys haven't been enthusiastic about cheerleading for hybrid/ Prius Camaro 's I don't see how this has gone on for 30 some odd pages!

If the gubment makes rules that the Camaro has to be a four cylinder econo crap wagon (like the iron duke you keep bringing up like it's somehow helping your point). Then as I have stated previously I won't buy one. (Unless they also pass Obama car (like Obamacare except you have to buy a car).

I'm sure you guys will though, so it will work out for them.

Answer me one question though, how many of you 4 cylinder muscle enthusiast have swapped out your LS3 or LSA or LS7 for a four banger?

You could save gas you know, by taking the V8 out of your SS or ZL1 and putting in the 4 cylinder from the Chevy Spark! -- we're talking 84hp and 83fp of torque

That beast gets 38mpg! This is what you get for your money! You want 38 mpg? Swap that sucker in your SS and send me your LS3! You won't be disappointed if all you want is looks and gas mileage.
Here is the full statement I made on page 34 lowdown. You took a sentance out of context. I don't want the Camaro to be like a Prius and back then we were having a side convo about govt mandated gas milage and and how we had to accept it. This conversation has shifted several times about different things.

But you are right about repeating, so I'll leave it here-- if they make a 4 cylinder Camaro it will be great for you. I can find another manufacturer. Your opinions about the engines are valid.

My decision of what I buy is still mine to make. Enjoy your day.