View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:11 PM   #28
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Omg yes, they all make it look so easy. Biggest thing I can say is dont rush, my car is my dd for work, so that adds alot of stress. A pivoting stubby ratchet and a ratchet wrench are lifesavers! Definitely can do it on the ground, and definitely recommend 6 tons jack stands for that extra height. $50 a pair at harbor freight, unless you have some that go higher than 17" like I had, lol. I just took it out, steering is all good, I dont think I have leaks, it's weird, it sounds like the sound ppffff when I accelerate, but when I get off it goes away, even on decel. When I get under the car, under idle, I feel no leaks. Is it possible the headers increased the sound of my rotofab? I would think if it was a leak, I would hear it on decel. I haven't gotten on it, and probably wont untill I get a tune but so far no check engine light, strange, I'm sure it will come on eventually. Maybe because I'm babying it.
You know I’d have to say if you had a leak with the way the stock NPP ‘talks’ on decel, you’d think that same type of sound would mimic itself.

Since your exhaust is flowing better, you might be hearing the RF!

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote