View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 09:30 AM   #76
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Yup! I obviously didn't remember correctly. I just went and looked at mine on the car, and also went and pulled out my instructions as well. They also mirror yours. I must of followed the instructions. I certainly knew I made sure all were seated starting from the same direction. My bottoms are flush, and the top bushing is out of the cradle aprox 1/16".
After installing these, I think this is one part of the instructions I don't agree with.

The rear bushings are slightly too thick to seat all the way in the cradle, so it looks like either you'll need to shave a bit of material off the middle of one or both (~1/16" total) or live with it. I had already pressed them in, and I'm glad I decided to install the top ones 1st, but I guess it's hard to say if this results in the cradle ending up in the original position or if the following the instructions would have been better. Front ones are all-in, both top and bottom.

As far as time, I'd give it 5 hours if you aren't familiar with the job, but think it's possible to get it done in 3 hours if you're more experienced and have the tools. Not a great job for a beginner...

These bushings take some force to press in, freezing them seems to help. I also used loctite to make sure there won't be any creaking, but not sure it's going to matter.

Results are interesting... not much increase in nvh under most conditions, you may not notice much on a smooth road surface, but you can FEEL the texture of the road a lot more and surface imperfections are transmitted to the driver's butt more clearly. I have not had a chance to drive it that much yet but I feel like this is a good mod for anyone with a 1LE for sure, but it does make the car slightly less isolated.