View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM   #41
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Yep, only getting a 19+. It's just really hard finding one with Recaro's.

The PS4s was on the GT350 I test drove. I have continental DWS06+ on right now. I actually have two sets of OE wheels, one with AS tires and one with the OE tires. The reason I have 2 sets is because I had the one set on my prior SS. That car would spin the OEM SS 1le wheels w Supercar 3's in 1st from a roll. I know I've mentioned spinning the tires a bunch but my biggest concern with the car is that it pushes me back in my seat on highway pulls less than I feel my standard SS did. I think because of what N Camarolina pointed out earlier in the thread. I just can't go backwards in acceleration feel even if it's technically still accelerating at the same rate. If it feels slow then I can't keep the car.

I know it will be brilliant around track and since I'm a novice it will be more enjoyable than the zl1 on track but I can afford to pay for 3-5 track days per year (I actually purchase the insurance so it literally costs me double to track my car versus folks who risk it).

Considered it but at this point I have a vendetta against buying brand new cars as if I for any reason want/need to get rid of the car, the loss is too substantial to do so. I also despise the interior of the new Mustang (and a lot of other cars that just mount Ipads and call it an interior). You can throw a whipple on the gen iV coyote and run 9's all day. Curr mentioned oil pump gears and crank sprocket but that only tends to break if you are bouncing off the rev limiter which I am not that person. It's also cheaper to prevent those from breaking than it is to do a cam swap in our cars to prevent the lifters from taking a dump.

If I was mechanically inclined and could build engines, I would just throw a cam plus supporting mods in my 1le and screw the warranty because it's not super expensive finding a used engine or parts.
I agree the new mustang its kind of a weird thing. Those screens and the digital gauges are not really a "muscle car" thing. Looks like someting pulled off a Kia.

I would like to mod mine also, I have the knowlodge and tools but life and priorities get in the way. I already wrenched a lot anyway and 455hp is enough. I might get a ghost cam
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote