View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 12:06 PM   #12
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by asthmamax11 View Post
I was hoping to get a little closer to 600 whp but I'd rather be safe if it's playing with fire.
Thanks for the info about E85 requiring 20% more flow. I think Kinglt1 mentioned that a few months back actually
Yeah. For sure my advice would be to hang out where you are because the difference between 550-600whp is nothing on street tires. You could add alky and get 600+ easily, but why add the risk?

I recommend upgrading the fuel system and then decide if you want to get a cam too. For me, the cam adds a bunch of strengthened parts and that is also the best time to think about forged options for cam, pistons and ARP studs. The question will be, is 700whp enough or are you going higher, if 700whp is enough, you can skip forging as long as the tune is right on. . .I added the pistons and decided I wanted 800whp and came up just short with e70.

On my build, I feel like that was my only mistake so far. Instead of drop in pistons, I should have added pistons, rods and studs at the same time. Now I may get back into the motor to do what I should have done the first time. I think I am running completely safe at 12 PSI, but just like the peace of mind in case I want to push just a little more.

On the other hand, for my goal, I wanted to have a car that is completely street driven and by adding tires can go to the track and run 9's (with a convertible that can get 20mpg and cruise around with the AC on in 100 degree temps).

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote