View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #18
HyperBlue16

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camar05 View Post
I wish you were local so that we could get together one weekend and find out what we actually need... I could fabricate brackets needed at work.
Do you have any info on what the electrical connection is like? We could possibly have Gen5Diy do one if we give him the pins needed?
While the connectors look the same & technically can connect up, they have different colored wires and they each may function differently, plus the SS EPB has even more wires(9) in a 2nd connector then the LT and the LT does not have that plug in it's main harness. So that means the main car harness from the front of the car is different between the 2 models.

The brackets the LT is missing on the sub-frame for the parking brake cable mounts is spaced 11.5 inches.

But till i can see a diagram as to what the extra wires are for and where they run to on the cars, i'm stuck.
I tried to open the EPB module of the SS, i removed the bolts, but still stuck tight, maybe glued to keep sealed.

I drive truck, so this weekend i was going to look into it more.

Guess i could drill a hole in the floor and run a cable and put in a e-brake pull handle to make it manual like it should have been!!
HyperBlue16 is offline   Reply With Quote