View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 07:17 PM   #16
HyperBlue16

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsblueblood View Post
Alpha I agree most of youre,stopping power is from you're front breaks but you're rear breaks do help out I think it's like 20% can't remember. The research I did on the break covers is that they hold the heat in and could warp the rotor, now but I also read that this is not so. If I'm not mistaken that the v6 1le has the SS rear suspension in it so if this is true I know where two wreaked SS are maybe I'll check into them.
The only thing is, if the suspension for a 1LE is same as SS, your still running into a wiring issue to even transfer the entire rear section. Because of the difference in the EPB setup between the 2, the wiring(is different) & possibly the computer programming are different as they connect into other systems. That is where i'm currently stuck myself till i can get a hold of the wiring diagram between the 2 to trace and try to see how to bypass or integrate.
Cause i currently have the complete rear braking system/EPB/knuckles from an SS.
I can put it all into the car and have the SS brembo rear brakes, but right now can not connect the electronics of it to the LT/RS and unsure what the car will do if it can't detect and operate the EPB.
HyperBlue16 is offline   Reply With Quote