View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 09:44 PM   #42
Canyon Carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan2006 View Post
OP, any new updates since December 17? Have they continued to improve? Thinking about buying these to replace the stock tires. Similar to you, I DD my car with the occasional autocross. Thanks!
Funny you should ask, I just bought my second set of Firehawk's last week...

They did continue to improve and get better as they broke in. More miles produced a bit more stiffness, and less float. If I had more time for the track, I'd get a second set and shave them.

My first set hit the wear bars at 18K. Pretty impressive tread life considering how hard I drive (I got about 12-13k out of the OEM Goodyears). I don't do burnouts or donuts, but I tend to push pretty hard and regular Canyon Runs always produce between .89-1.01G. So I was happy with the life of the tire.

Also, I consistently run a little less pressure. Firestone recommends 35 in the rear, 32 upfront. I've been running 31-32 in the front, and 34 in the rear.

They're still not Michelin's. PSS' are the best tires I've driven, but Michelin's are about $1400 for the set, tires only. I just got a set of Firehawk's here in LA from "Tires Buy Mark" for $790 mounted and balanced, out the door...and I have another $60 rebate coming from Firestone. After all is said and done - I definitely recommend these tires for the money. They are - after all, just a re-branded Bridgestone RE003...

They've gone up to a B+ (even A-) for me simply because of their improved performance, versatility and durability.

Enjoy.

Ps. They will take getting used to from the stock tire...

1SS - M6 - Silver Ice Metallic - Dual Mode Exhaust. Light, Simple, Fast. "If everything's under control, you're going too slow" - Mario Andretti
Canyon Carver is offline   Reply With Quote