View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 03:12 AM   #14
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
What can be an expected improvement of the 3r’s over the standard 3’s.

Also, IIRC, he has Continentals on his.
Continentals??? Not for long. I'm going back to my Michelin PSC2's on the rear when these wear out (when I had my 7, 15 years ago, it was PSC's on the rear (and PS on the front) and loved the grip). I will have an extra set of racing wheels that I'll bring in my trailer. I learned about this awesome Formula 1 certified track we have here, brand new Chang Circuit, about 4 hours from my "current" house. I might have to buy a retirement home there if I really start liking the track. So it will be PSC2 or the Toyos all the way around, whatever people believe is gripping the most for the best lap times...... and I'm going to buy an after market suspension set up that will let the alignment be adjusted once and it will stay. Hopefully, I'll be able to save the 2 alignment settings (a fine line marks the spots, Touring and Track) and then adjust them on my own back at my house. I'm also buying my own lift in a few weeks. Life will be good once I change treads though. These Contis are already heat cycled and I can easily lose traction in 5th gear with about 50% throttle, even on cement they're starting to get squirrelly in 3rd. On the other hand, it is too much fun in Sport mode with the safeties off, LOL. Slid'in the Bit@h everywhere. I love it.... Thailand is a great place to drive.... the only rule is don't wreck.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote