View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 11:36 PM   #5
Ghostog27

Drives: 2017 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter12 View Post
I would suggest some AFE Power, or BMR Sway bars. the stock v6 and I4 cars have sooooo much body roll.

I would also recommend getting some brembo take offs from an SS. the stock SS brake pads already have fairly aggressive pads and are cheap to replace. The Brembo's also seem to dissipate heat much better. You should also either remove the rotor back plate or find the track specific rotor backplate for the SS.

Definitely find some higher temp brake fluid to use. like Castrol SRF or Motul.

I wouldn't bother with just a spring swap. or even cheap coilovers. Either pony up the big bucks for KW coilovers, piece together the shocks and springs from the V6 1LE (check out the suspension part number megathread) or just get the GM lowering kit that would be even better than the v6 1LE suspension.

For tires, I'm currently running Hankook RS4's. ive put about 6k miles on them, about 6 autocrosses and a full track day on them and they have about 75% life left.

Also, don't forget to get a good alignment. if you can find a performance supplementary manual it will have recommended track alignments for you.
Thanks for the suggestions! I have experience with Hankooks and was leaning into looking that way in general I like their stickiness and life generally speaking. KW coil overs are out of my range maybe if I was building an SS id consider them, or should just get a 1LE!

Is this the gm suspension kit you're talking about?
https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...aro/suspension
The one below the 1LE kit, PART NO. 84225252

SS breaks sound like the way to go.
Ghostog27 is offline   Reply With Quote