View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 01:39 PM   #1097
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisjw View Post
Sorry, not trying to be that guy but the person that created the autocross diff tune told me that what you are feeling is "drag torque" and is completely isolated from the autocross diff cal itself.

It definitely sounds like you are talking about Darden and I don't think our setup and his setup are even in the same ball park fwiw.
That's fine, there must be a misunderstanding somewhere and it could easily be mine, but the "unlock on turn-in" thing is specifically mentioned in the GMPP description of the tune, and it's very noticeable in some circumstances.

I do agree that drag torque has a major effect on eDiff lock up, you can see this when you run the eDiff lockup display on the dash, but I disagree the eDiff tune has no control over the eDiff's behavior on turn-in. I've had the eDiff tune for 4 years now, it's really a night and day thing at times.

I'm not comfortable naming names if they aren't here to participate in the discussion, but you may be right. The car's running Hotchkis ft/ZLE rear bars and MCS suspension.