View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 01:22 PM   #1093
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisjw View Post
So the turn-in lock up feel or decel is isolated from the diff tune, fwiw. It is the calibrated engine torque that is created from the different modes that you want to run, touring, sport or track. The corvette experiences a lot more "lock up" on decel feel with track so we run touring and also the ediff is a lot happier with lock up on exit to help us rotate under power.

Surprised that your friends non-1LE spins up one wheel given it is a clutch type diff? I would suspect something is up with the setup of vehicle.
The amount of lock on turn-in is greatly effected by the GMPP tune, it's actually in the GMPP description and it's very noticeable in some situations, it opens the diff more quickly on turn-in and locks it more quickly on throttle. I do agree the eDiff changes it's behavior depending on many factors, but the GMPP tune is only active in track mode with all nannies off, and under 70 mph or so.

It's best to tune for it with the roll bar setup, otherwise you may end up with a bit too much oversteer. It's also too abrupt for the OEM tires and can unsettle the car. With 200tw autox tires you just don't notice it unless you do something wrong, like overslowing for a slalom then getting back on the gas as you enter the slalom, when it locks up the car will shift position a bit which isn't ideal, but I figure that's just my poor driving.

Of course my friend's car may not be setup optimally, but he's had it since '16 and has won ESP at Nats. He says it's the venue's surface. It is an odd one, PPIR in Fountain, CO. It can get hot enough that times actually start falling off in the afternoon.

My car is pretty much a F-Street SLE with an alignment, wider wheels and the
autox diff tune, and it's been keeping up with or beating cars with a lot more prep lately. My codriver managed to beat a CAMC car that trophied at Nats. I do think the eDiff tune is contributing.