View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 09:38 AM   #42
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
How I ended up with an 18 SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by random155 View Post
I'm curious about what made you buy your camaro? My story is: I'm a car enthusiast, always have been always will be. My family loves cars and we do a lot of our own work on them. Grew up with a 68 GT350 in the family, 69 Mach 1, 68 Z28, among other vehicles. So here I am, 38 years old with wife and 2 young kids. Loving life, but would really like a "fun" car. I have one leased vehicle and one paid off truck. I can afford another car payment but every time I get close to closing a deal, I back out because I feel selfish for spending this much money on myself. I feel like I will regret the purchase down the road. I currently have a small loan for a pool I put in the for the family 2 years ago, but other than that and a mortgage thats all my debt. So what made you get your camaro? Daily driver, weekend fun, any other? Let me know, Im actually very interested to hear your story.
For me it was probably a multi-year decision with the following requirements:

I want a car that I will enjoy long term
I want a car that I am less prone to modify than previous cars (long story)
I want a car that I will enjoy working on
I want to continue with V8s that have readily available parts

I disqualified the Challenger because of weight (1st Car = 70 Challenger R/T 440
I disqualified the Corvette because I felt it was more complicated to service that a typical muscle car
I disqualified the GT350 becasue of cost and mechanical issues reported (primarily engine)
I disqualifed the Mustang PP2 because of the MT82 and I think I slightly prefer the LT1 to the Coyote

I researched and read forums for a very long time and feel good about my decision
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote