View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 11:44 AM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
I don't participate in many online forums, but I can tell this one is dated. That being said I do like the simplistic and familiar (retro?) layout.

It's like a cozy pair of pajama bottoms, or perhaps a better metaphor would be the seating position of my Camaro. Not perfect, but its mine and I'm so used to it that anything else would feel strange.

My biggest complaint is that I just wish the front page was updated from time to time.
Nailed it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
I do participate in many forums. And yes this one is the oldest I encounter. Its just hanging on by a thread it feels.
It's actually the largest privately owned car forums out there and not just holding on by a long shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
Um like WHAT?? What does this board have thats so revolutionary? You cant even like a post, or embed a video or paste in a picture. NONE of the newer features. What am I missing?
You obviously have not been an Admin on any of those forums. The database on this one is massive and not something you just convert over to one of the newer versions.

As far as embedding videos... it's a simple copy link and paste... doesn't get any easier such as what other sites require with tags and all.
One of the customizations here is it will auto tag it for you but you're not going to see that as a regular user.

Here is a 2nd way to embed Videos that is part of this site but not the newer ones.