View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 09:07 AM   #12
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Thanks man. Mods? I'd love to do a Livernois tune (they are like 30 minutes from me) but I found a really good deal on an extended warranty, so I might not go that route. MRT makes a axle-back that I might look into. The MKZ makes the full 400 hp/tq on 93, but is able to use 87 just fine, but loses like 20 hp or something. Car is rated 17 city 26 highway, so yeah definitely not as good as the Camaro, but time will tell what I end up really getting. I'm loving the car so far, and as long as it's reliable and whatnot I think I'm going to be very happy with the switch. Just for fun I might take it to the track and see what it does. I did with the Camaro, so I'd like a good real comparison. You ever run either car? This MKZ feels faster than my V6 (appears they might be underrating the torque, it's more like 450 from what I'm seeing) but it's a pig at 4300 lbs lol

Haha, yeah I'm keeping my car stock as well. Really don't want to mess with the warranty. At most my mods will be an exhaust and maybe sway bars.

Sadly I never took my Camaro to autocross. The most I used it was for spirited back road driving. It's been the same for my Stinger as well. However I do plan to mess around in autocross, probably next year. Even though its AWD, I can still get the tail to come out a little.

In terms of straight line speed, I never timed either Camaro or Stinger but the Stinger feels undoubtedly faster. It supposedly makes 376 torque, but like your car, many people feel thats underrated and a lot of stock dyno numbers indicate 360 ish torque to the wheels, which means its making much more at the crank.

I actually love the look of the MK Z as well, especially the rear end. Shame they stopped making them!
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote