View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 04:48 PM   #9
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
Congrats bro. Let us know your thoughts on the MKZ! Yes that was an awesome deal as well.

Now I remember one more regret for Stinger vs V6 Camaro lol....the gas mileage. The Stinger gets mileage like a V8, and it requires premium gas. The Camaro could took 87 and had slightly better city, but a lot better highway mileage. The Camaro also had a bigger gas tank.

Overall it's not a huge deal, but definitely something I noticed. We have a lot of hills/inclines in this region so the gas mileage often is worse than advertised.

You plan on doing any mods to MKZ?
Thanks man. Mods? I'd love to do a Livernois tune (they are like 30 minutes from me) but I found a really good deal on an extended warranty, so I might not go that route. MRT makes a axle-back that I might look into. The MKZ makes the full 400 hp/tq on 93, but is able to use 87 just fine, but loses like 20 hp or something. Car is rated 17 city 26 highway, so yeah definitely not as good as the Camaro, but time will tell what I end up really getting. I'm loving the car so far, and as long as it's reliable and whatnot I think I'm going to be very happy with the switch. Just for fun I might take it to the track and see what it does. I did with the Camaro, so I'd like a good real comparison. You ever run either car? This MKZ feels faster than my V6 (appears they might be underrating the torque, it's more like 450 from what I'm seeing) but it's a pig at 4300 lbs lol
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote