View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 12:17 AM   #7
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
I kinda made the same choice and traded my 2019 V6 for a turbo AWD sedan/liftback.

My Camaro was my only car though, and I wanted something more practical for daily stuff, plus being able to carry two extra adults when needed. Plus I still wanted something a little more fun to drive versus an Accord or Camry.

My regrets? I miss the handling and exhaust from the Camaro. The Stinger is like 700lbs heavier. While I don't think it feels that much heavier when driving, it definitely doesn't handle as well as the V6 Camaro. I expected that, so no surprise. I do REALLY miss the exhaust note from the Camaro and will be going for an aftermarket exhaust for the Stinger when someone produces an exhaust that can accommodate the active valve functions. The stock exhaust is way too quiet, even with the active feature.

What do I like better than my prior V6 Camaro? Waaaayyyyyy more creature comforts. I had the base 1LT V6 Camaro, so it was minimum on that stuff. Now I have leather seats, heated seats, heated steering wheel, dual zone climate, a better base sound system, blind spot monitoring, a bunch of safety systems, radar cruise control, etc.

I imagine the MKZ will have a lot of that stuff as well. Overall its just a better, higher quality interior.

Ultimately I don't regret the move at all, especially since this is my daily car. If I already had a daily, then I wouldn't have bought the Stinger. I'd be looking at the Camaro, BRZ, or something else RWD as my fun car.

Yeah the Stinger and MKZ will definitely be faster, but for me the main draw was all the additional features versus the Camaro. Since you already have a 'fun' Camaro I would make the jump. That MKZ is a TOTAL sleeper too. I seriously don't think you could get any more sleeper than that with a modern car.
Well said, I couldn't agree more. As of today I don't have to wonder anymore though...I did the trade today lol. That Stinger you have should be very similar to the MKZ I just got. Similar power, comfort, tech, luxury, etc. All the things you said about the Camaro vs that Stinger is pretty much how I feel as well. Had this deal not been so tight in terms of the dollar amount, there's no way I would have done it, but in this case a few grand more for this MKZ was just to good to pass up. 57k car for 28k with low miles and great shape...umm yeah I wasn't gonna pass on that lol.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote