View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 12:38 PM   #6
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
I really don't need 4 doors or AWD, and I do have records for the car. Here's the thing...I absolutely love my Camaro, but I live in Michigan (worst roads in the country and this car rides pretty damn rough) and I have a completely built 700 hp 2000 Camaro for my weekend/summer toy. If I add up the pros and cons of each car the Lincoln comes out ahead. The thing I love about the Camaro is its looks, but I'm not sure I'd ever get a better looking car for at this price range. I'm almost positive I'd be getting an extended warranty with this car, and I can get a prorated refund on my current GMEPP one. Here is what it would probably boil down to...if the Lincoln ends up being trouble free, I'm sure I'll like it quite a bit better, but if not I'm sure I'll be regretting it lol. I plan to keep either car for at least another 5 or 6 years too.

I kinda made the same choice and traded my 2019 V6 for a turbo AWD sedan/liftback.

My Camaro was my only car though, and I wanted something more practical for daily stuff, plus being able to carry two extra adults when needed. Plus I still wanted something a little more fun to drive versus an Accord or Camry.

My regrets? I miss the handling and exhaust from the Camaro. The Stinger is like 700lbs heavier. While I don't think it feels that much heavier when driving, it definitely doesn't handle as well as the V6 Camaro. I expected that, so no surprise. I do REALLY miss the exhaust note from the Camaro and will be going for an aftermarket exhaust for the Stinger when someone produces an exhaust that can accommodate the active valve functions. The stock exhaust is way too quiet, even with the active feature.

What do I like better than my prior V6 Camaro? Waaaayyyyyy more creature comforts. I had the base 1LT V6 Camaro, so it was minimum on that stuff. Now I have leather seats, heated seats, heated steering wheel, dual zone climate, a better base sound system, blind spot monitoring, a bunch of safety systems, radar cruise control, etc.

I imagine the MKZ will have a lot of that stuff as well. Overall its just a better, higher quality interior.

Ultimately I don't regret the move at all, especially since this is my daily car. If I already had a daily, then I wouldn't have bought the Stinger. I'd be looking at the Camaro, BRZ, or something else RWD as my fun car.

Yeah the Stinger and MKZ will definitely be faster, but for me the main draw was all the additional features versus the Camaro. Since you already have a 'fun' Camaro I would make the jump. That MKZ is a TOTAL sleeper too. I seriously don't think you could get any more sleeper than that with a modern car.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote