Thread: Camaro Sales
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 10:22 AM   #25
Dudie7

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by theamcguy View Post
Design is the biggest reason. Both the Mustang and Challenger resonate with the target market. The Camaro misses the mark it looks too angry or like a Transformer; the redesign did not hit the mark and Chevrolet is paying the price. Performance wise it is at the top of the game but people looking for that kind of car don't want to be caught dead driving it. It's not the marketing (none needed really), it's not the performance, it's the design pure and simple, a great package in an ugly design.
While I don't care much for the current design, I don't think it's "ugly". More quirky from my perspective. I think the absolute biggest reason the numbers are down is pricing. Just too much loot to get into a V8 compared to the competition. The next reason is functionality. The car simply doesn't function as well in the day-to-day as the competition. And once the die-hards have made their purchases the car is now left to try and appeal to the "non-enthusiast" per se, where issues like a tiny trunk, ergonomics (or whatever the perceived issue is) play a much bigger role in making a purchase.
Dudie7 is offline   Reply With Quote