View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 06:21 PM   #1
Artood2s

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
New 1LE Owner Here

Hi all,
Purchased a slightly used (4k miles) 2018 SS 1LE two weeks ago. I fell in love with the 6th Gen 1LE a few years ago when the reviews started coming out, labelling it one of the best driver's cars in current production. Had to hold off as I had an infant and 3 year old, and wanted for both to be forward facing before trying to daily this beast. I have historically been a Ford (SVT Focus and Focus ST) and BMW (135i and much love for the M3 from afar) guy, but after driving an ATS V on an autocross course, I knew this Alpha platform was legit. Happy to say that the "Dadmobile" is as good as advertised, and looking forward to my first non go-karting track days in the not so distant future.

I did my fair share of research (mostly using this forum), and I'm happy to say that my car doesn't suffer from some of the more popular issues (at least from forum posts). No noises from the rear end, tranny shifts smoothly, AC is cold. The only thing I need to get used to is the DI noise from the engine. After much online research, I am 99% sure it is normal, but I made a video just in case I notice any changes in the future (link to video in case someone hears differently). Sound is a bit exaggerated in the video, and it goes away after 2k rpm.

I also noticed the car was still within the free maintenance window, so I went to a local Chevy dealer and performed the 7,500 mile maintenance early. Would it be overkill if I change the transmission and differential fluids eventhough I'm not experiencing any roughness there? How much should those run for this car?

Will probably limit the mods on this car to comestic items as there is little I'd do to improve the car at the moment (car came with a Borla Atak axle-back).

Thanks,
Art
Attached Images

Artood2s is offline   Reply With Quote