View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 07:54 AM   #10
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldp View Post
This is not a fob battery issue or anything that can be solved by putting the fob in the cupholder. Over the past 3.5 years since I purchased the car new, I have had six occurrences where the car does not recognize the fob. Some of the times I could not unlock the doors from the outside, other times I could not start the car once inside but this last time I was in a drive thru that was moving slowly so I turned the car off. BIG MISTAKE I could not start the car for 15 minutes which has been the case every time this has happened. Imagine being in a drive thru where you could do nothing but piss everybody off behind you. Could not release the electronic parking brake so there I sat. There is a TSB #16-NA-396 that addresses this issue.

Wanted to know what part of the car the dealer would be working on when replacing the Receiver.
Just a couple of points...

- You never mentioned whether you ever tried changing the battery. It is possible that it's at fault.

- One way to possibly better understand whether it might be the fob battery would be to switch fobs. At least at that point, you would know if the issue is with the remote or in the car.

If the dealer is going to be working on it and covering it under warranty, then it's really a moot point. But, if you're paying for it, knowing exactly what to have them be diagnosing and repairing would seemingly be the ideal situation.

Hope you get it sorted with minimal out of pocket cost and minimal inconvenience.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote