View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 03:09 AM   #1
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
Replacement options for a ZL1 spoiler

Back to spoiler options... Ok, enjoying the car (I purchased a 17 ZL1 2 months ago)! Scheduled an appointment for a vinyl wrap (black car in the AZ desert is not ideal). Now spoilers. I've done a few high speed runs and gone into deserted areas which are essentially a race track, minus the fact that they aren't actual race track (no humans, no cars. Remember, I'm in the desert). So as far as down-force and high speed stability, the aero is undeniably functional! First domestic car (please don't hate on me for this comment, but I've driven and owned numerous performance cars. The domestic sports cars tend to have a confidence shattering lack of stability at high speeds) that is really well planted at speed and grippy in corners. I'm of course not comparing to domestic track stars like a Viper ACS, Ford GT, etc...
I am open to spoiler options. I realize the functionality of the entire package, but would risk altering a bit of that for a spoiler that doesn't look like it was taken directly off of a base SS. I like the IROC-Z blade (with a center notch for increased visibility) and the ZL1 1LE style spoiler. I'm not looking to spend $1k on a spoiler, but I would buy a used or new spoiler in the $400-600 range. I like the low version of the C7 carbon ZL1 1LE style spoiler, even at the $800 Mark, but wait times are approaching 4 months. I don't keep a car long enough to wait 4 months. I'm absolutely open to suggestions for a functional spoiler at a reasonable price point. I would appreciated your thoughts and experience on the matter...
Maybe someone here even has one they no longer need or want...
Attached Images

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote